Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm writing this on Wednesday October 24th 2012-Now it's T-minus 22 hours and I really HAVEN'T started packing yet!

I've made all these stupid lists so that I don't forget anything, and I haven't even started packing!
I've been caught up in a vortex of indecision..."Should I take this big purse or a wheelie office with the laptop? Should I take a dinky purse with a big purse with the wheelie with the big piece of luggage that lived in the house that Jack built? Do I know what I'm doing? Will I look like an idiot when I try to get something out of the big purse/small purse/wheelie and it all falls out? Will I have enough money to get plastered on the train?"

These are serious, SERIOUS questions that can and will affect my state and peace of mind for not only the trip but my workday as well.

Does Xanax go with Coors Light? I'll let you know.

There was ONE bright spot, however...in my quest to juggle too many chick-type things into bags that were either too small or too large, my wonderful husband Barry fixed my old, beat up, run down but PERFECT for travel purse!!! Nothing can go wrong now, as long as I take my fave purse and his tuna that he made special for me.

The biggest problem was I had to take all the bags onboard with me because the baggage car stuff would've taken too long, so I had a lot of little stuff that was hard to carry. What did I do? Took the smaller 'office' wheelie and attached the collapsible lunch/ice container and my big black bag to it. Now I only had the big red luggage bag (which weighed about 70# due to various items inside, one of which was a pair of leathers for Jax's friend Chanelle), the black 'office' wheelie with those other two things attached, my regular purse affixed 'bandolero' style, and my silver cane.
I felt like I had to act the part, and it DID actually help at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment